These are my secrets to having a balanced, happy, healthy lifestyle. It’s great that I can share them with you!
Diet, vitamins & minerals
Eat well and increase foods that make you feel good.
· Make sure you eat protein in every main meal and aim to have 2 high protein snacks a day. Examples are eating chicken, turkey, eggs, nuts, seeds, and hommus.
· Increase magnesium sources of foods like green leafy vegies, whole grains, and almonds. Examples are eating spinach, bok choy, silverbeet, pak choy, broccoli, kale, brown rice, quinoa, oats and buckwheat.
· Increase oils in the diet with deep sea fish, nuts, seeds and avocado. Examples are eating salmon (Atlantic if possible), sardines, anchovies, walnuts, pecans, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and avocado.
· Increase intake of B vitamins in the diet with lean meats, legumes, whole grains and Brewers yeast (for vegetarians). Examples are eating grass fed lean red meat, kangaroo, chicken, fish, eggs, brown rice, barley, millet, chickpeas, lentils and beans.
Aim to do one mindful activity everyday.
· Spend time outside everyday
· Eat mindfully, enjoying each bite (not in front of the TV)
· Try mindful meditations
Great activities to help keep you balanced.
· Yoga & stretching – aim to spend at least 5-10 minutes a day performing gentle stretching or yoga poses
· Meditation – aim to meditate once per day for at least 10-15 minutes
· Exercise – aim for 30-45 minutes per day of moderate intensity exercise
· Journaling – a great way to get out of your head and express your feelings – aim to write at least twice per week
Having a good attitude is really important every day. Which one of these actions to keep your mind healthy resonates with you?
· Gratitude – gratitude and appreciation are a great way to keep your spirits high and lift your energy. One way of doing this is to write down 5 things that you are grateful for in the day.
· Affirmations – affirmations are another way to lift your energy and bring positive things into your life. You can stick your latest positive affirmation on your computer or on the fridge to remind yourself.
· Vision board – creating a vision board is a great way to put whatever you want to create out to the universe. The idea is that you put it in a place that you walk past everyday and see yourself bringing these great things into your life. Happy creating!