One of the most common complaints in clinical practise is fatigue. Many reasons for tiredness include poor thyroid function, gluten intolerance, autoimmune disease, impaired liver function, adrenal depletion, and post-viral and low vitamins and minerals like iron and vitamin B12.
Signs of fatigue:
· Hard to get out of bed in the morning
· Brain fog
· Falling asleep on the couch in the afternoon
· Poor concentration and memory
· Sleeping longer than usual and waking tired
· Frequent colds or flu
There can be many and varied causes of this fatigue. The 3-step Naturopathic process that I go through helps determine the underlying cause.
This 3-step process includes:
1. Case taking - a detailed case analysis that looks at family and personal history, diet, lifestyle, and exercise.
2. Testing – screening for common minerals and vitamin deficiencies and any other necessary testing.
3. Report – findings will be summarised into a personalised analysis and treatment plan specific to the individual.
Treatment is specific to the cause and includes taking herbs and supplements and dietary and lifestyle changes.
Common ways to combat fatigue are:
· Getting adequate sleep
· Dietary changes
· Ensuring adequate hydration
· Herbal medicine
· Supplements to help the body get back on track
· Gentle exercise.
Naturopathic medicine can help you get back on track, get some energy back and feel good again!